About the Boat
1959 Century Resorter
16’ LOA, 6’ Beam
Draft: Approx 18”
Engine: Gray Marine V8 – 238 HP Fireball series motor with a displacement of 326 cu in.
Dual Bilge Pumps
Trailer with Wheel Chocks included. Includes brand new spare winch.
Full set of marine gear including 4 brand new USCG approved PFDs, Anchor, Dock Lines, Boat Hook, After Deck Nautical Flag/Pole, fender guards, West Marine first aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher and weatherproof cover for outdoor storage needs.
Price: $12,000 Firm
- This, like all Century and Chris Craft pre-1960 wooden boats need to be soaked in a lake or pond for about a week or so to swell it up to cut back on leaking. Preferably, it should remain at dock for the sailing season, but can be hauled and stored in a garage, barn or driveway (cover included) when not in use.
- The engine is in good condition but needs to have the oil changed and the gas tank drained and filled as the gas has been in it for 10 years. It does turn over fine, but I did not start it up completely to avoid bad gas going into the carburetor.
- Transmission cable needs some adjustment. It works but would be smoother with a professional adjustment.
- Lower transom has some soft spots where it meets the hull planking, but not excessive. Eventually will need replacement by a wooden boat carpenter.
- Boat completely restored in 2010-2011 with new Honduran mahogany front and rear decks, upper transom, gunwales, sideboards, some hull batten seams, stainless steel hull and deck fasteners, with new varnish overall & fresh bottom paint.
- The boat has been stored in barns and garages since it was new. It easily fits into regular home garages so your spouse has something new to complain about!
Back story: I am an antique wooden boat and car restoration enthusiast (have restored several Beetle Cats, vintage Old Town canoes, a 1929 Wianno Senior racing sloop, a 1950 Buick and other projects, and this was my last restoration project before my eyesight got too poor to safely operate power tools. This boat was restored by me in our garage over a 1-year period using hand-picked, well-seasoned Honduran Mahogany from a local marine lumber yard and all stainless steel hardware of the best quality from West Marine (at great expense). I have taken it out to a local mid-sized lake several times a year and it goes like a bat out of hell as it is a ski boat with a 238 HP Gray Marine Fireball V-8 engine (yes, that is an unfortunate name for a boat engine, but they have been around for 60+ years in vintage runabouts). If you live near a midsized or inland lake, this is a great boat for you and your friends and family.
Call or Text Colin at 603 318 5854
Watch a Video about the Century Resorter….